Parenting Fail #746 (Rated PG for language)

As we were all gathering in the kitchen for supper yesterday, Seth was in the middle of telling me about his day....

"I got made fun of at work today."

I giggled, because the fire academy is basically like high school....but with fire. "Why?"

"Because I wouldn't say (spelling) a-s-s."

As soon as he started spelling, my brain was like, d'oh. "FYI, you can't spell anymore, because Thing One can figure that out."

Almost simultaneously, Thing One says, "A-s-s? What does a-s-s spell...ASS!!...What's ass?"

We immediately explain that it's not a nice word to use and we don't want him to say it, but the damage has been done, because Thing Two is jumping up and down in his chair squealing "Ass! Ass!"

I had to hide behind the refrigerator door while I stifled laughs.

My life is a sitcom.

Comments

hahahaha! That's hilarious! When Garrett was little (and still innocent) he thought that "Beep" was a bad word. You know...from the censor on the tv...
sethswife said…
hahaha. that's fantastic.
Amy said…
hahahaha... bryan and i laughed hysterically at this! i was laughing so hard he wanted to know, then i laughed with tears while reading it to him...

the elijah part is the best... :)