My 1st post on 1-1-11.

So......

Here we are.

This is the part where I'm supposed to write something engaging and witty.

(crickets chirping)

Not sure what to write about. I didn't write a flash fiction yesterday. FOR SHAME! My deepest apologies. Anything I would have written would have contained signs of exhaustion, like run on sentences and misspelled words. And we can't have that, can we? It's been pretty busy around here between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. I'm almost relieved that school and routine will start again on Monday.

Almost.

Seth's starting to get into the swing of the academy. The first couple of days were a bit overwhelming, but each day he comes home a little more comfortable. He's not too worried about any of the training, but slightly concerned about all the exams. He tends to be a worrier though. I've been helping him study the CPR book, and it just shows me how we are totally opposite in learning styles. I can read the book and look at the diagrams and pretty much "get it" and remember the steps. He remembers fairly well, but it won't really click with him completely until he can actually perform it in class next week. I'm a reader. He's a doer. I have no doubt that he'll do just fine with the exams.

And he's really hot in any article of clothing that says "Fire Dept."

I feel like we're coming down from a crazy couple of weeks, so hopefully, writing inspiration will return soon. I may have to scale back on the posts for a bit till we're back in the swing of school. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And welcome 2011. You won't have to try very hard to be better than 2010. But on the flip side of that, you might not be as inspiring where writing is concerned.

We shall see.

Comments