I Miss...

Another post I wrote about a week ago. I promise I'll get back to not whining soon.

***********

Labor and delivery is not the greatest physical sacrifice a mother will endure. "Morning" sickness has it beaten by a mile. For at least twelve weeks, I can do nothing but exist and try (unsuccessfully) to keep the nausea under control. As a result, my life is dull, exhausting, depressing and bears little resemblance to my normal, every day existence.

I miss...

Being able to clean my house.

Homeschooling

Photography

Getting groceries

Cooking

Playing with my kids

Taking my kids places

Going on dates

Eating yummy food

Getting ready to go somewhere in a reasonable amount of time

Singing

Writing

Taking showers

Driving

Walking without gagging or nearly passing out.

Enjoying anything

My husband is doing a valiant job. On top of the academy and studying every night, he's making dinner, doing dishes, washing clothes, wrangling children and waiting on me. I'm so thankful for him, and at the same time, I feel so guilty that he has to do my job on top of his. I wish I could tell myself it was all in my head and to just feel better. But wishing doesn't make it so. Instead, I'm sitting on the bathroom floor crying because I barely feel human anymore and even the medicine doesn't really help all that much.

I know it's temporary. I know it's worth it. I have endured it three times before, and two of those times I got to hold a baby at the end of it all. I already love my little peanut so much. It's just so mentally and physically exhausting to not be myself and to constantly be sick. I feel worthless. I find myself thinking often of people dealing with cancer and other long term illnesses whose symptoms or treatments are often accompanied by nausea and vomiting. This is nothing in comparison with that, because this will bring forth the biggest tangible blessing I know. I just have to endure for now, and soon it will be behind me.

"When the midnight meets the morning, let me love You even more."




Comments

Amy said…
Name some things I can do to help you!

I am praying, but I also want a list of physical things I can do to help you.

How about grocery shopping? I am good with coupons and saving money and love to grocery shop.

Also pick a day and let me come for a few hours to clean your house. If you feel bad for having a messy house, I will gladly (but privately) send you pics of my house. (Sidenote I love cleaning OTHER people's houses!). ;)

I can come pick up your laundry and do it at my house too. Your own personal laundry service for free. :) except I don't iron. ;)

Let me know of a night to bring a meal (for the rest of your fam). Maybe on seth's busiest night...

And I'm not offering just to be nice. ;) I MEAN what I'm saying. So facebook me a list and dates or I will just do it anyway. :D

Not kidding. :)
Bill and Shelly said…
Please let me know what I can do to help also.
As soon as we are cold-free, I would be happy to take the boys for the day and give you a chance to just stay in bed and not have to worry about getting up to make breakfast/lunch. I would be happy to keep them until Seth gets home( he could pick them up on his way home). We don't live far from you.
Just let me know.
Praying for you.
sethswife said…
thank you ladies. i think i'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. last week was awful. this week is tolerable. we got some cleaning done yesterday, which was great! like i told amy, the biggest thing i'm struggling with is meals. i can't cook right now, and we've exhausted seth's meal arsenal (long ago ;). but i'll be 11 weeks on wednesday, so i think it will start fading out.

the boys have been GREAT. they are actually really helpful during the day. they bring me things and let the dog out and ethan even cleaned their room. it might actually be harder if they weren't here!
Carrie said…
don't worry, people have the upmost sympathy for pregnant women it seems. So no one will judge you!!! people are just praying you feel better soon!
Hannah said…
Hey, I am glad you shared your blog with the babycenter group. This post completely broke my heart and I can 100% relate. I am so sorry...crazy how every day tasks are so difficult these days!