Best of 2010

It's that time again, folks. The highlights of my year in various categories. This will be the new expanded category edition. With subcategories. Get ready to live.

Media

Movie: Inception

Television/drama: Fringe

Television/comedy: Community (Sorry, 30 Rock. You were a close second.)

Song/Secular: "We'll Be a Dream" (We The Kings), "If It's Love" (Train)
*(In related news, WORST secular songs this year that make me throw up in my mouth a little: "Need You Now" (Lady Antebellum) and "Teenage Dream" (Katy Perry) Gag.)
Song/Sacred: "How He Loves" (David Crowder Band), "Oh, My Dear" (Tenth Avenue North), "Beloved" (Tenth Avenue North), "Healing Begins" (Tenth Avenue North) There could be a lot more in both song categories. It was a good music year for me.
Band: You guessed it, Tenth Avenue North.
Book/Fiction: Her Daughter's Dream (Francine Rivers)

Book/Non Fiction: True Humility (CJ Mahaney)

Blogs of people I don't know: AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com, betterafter.blogspot.com, rantsfrommommyland.com (careful, that one may contain colorful language). This category expands just about every day. This list actually only reflects the past week of my life.

Food/Restaurants:
Restaurant: Lindey's (For all you locals). Get the tomato and mozzarella flatbread. Trust me.

Recipe: This soup

Spice: Rosemary

Beverage: Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi


Sayings and Expressions:

"Homeschooled"
"Adjust your cup and get back in the game."

"Oh, even yesser."

"Cats."

Date (as in like, boy-girl date, not calendar date):

Tie: Photo shoot excursion to downtown and an old cemetery; Dinner at Lindey's followed by Wicked with super awesome friends.

Date (as in calendar date):

June 18th

Purchase:

No question. The Nikon D90. (Thank you, Grandma & Grandpa. Miss you.)

Most frequently used websites:

Facebook, Flickr, Hulu, Biblegateway.com

Store:

Ikea

Surprise:

Seth being accepted into the academy.

Child Quote:
Thing One: When asked why Samson lost his strength, "He shouldn't have trusted a woman."

Thing Two: After hearing his father belch much like in Elf. "(squealing & clapping) Hallelu, Daddy!"

Photo:

I can't choose just one. It's pointless to try. I'm going to have to have a blog post just for photos.


Bible Verse:

Isaiah 43, especially verses 1-2 and 18-19. "...Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. I have summoned you by name. You are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze...Forget the former things. Do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."


Lesson Learned:

It gets emphasized in bigger ways every year: God is good. This year was the hardest I have ever lived. It contained some of the worst moments of my life. And ironically, some of the best moments soon followed. The fact that I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am thankful for this year and I am full of joy is evidence of how wonderful God's love is, how extensive his care for us, and how perfectly he writes our stories.

Bring on chapter 2011.










Comments

Jared said…
you just liked Lindey's because of the wine, you lush.
sethswife said…
actually, i've tasted better wine elsewhere, but i didn't think that would affect any of you non lushes enjoyment of lindey's.

the crab cakes were good though. and the friendly gay waiter with no photography skills.
1 said…
We share a love of Community. Best Christmas special EVER.
sethswife said…
definitely gwen. that was awesome.
1 said…
Also I must confess I was temporarily obsessed with "Need You Now." Does that cancel out my Community coolness? I deserve it.
sethswife said…
.....i'll allow it.

coolness factor maintained.

if you had said teenage dream though...
Miranda said…
Do you find it really sad that I've never heard either song?

Crab cakes at Lindey's = awesome.

Someday I'll be able to write deeply and thoroughly like this again. Someday.