I'm a bit of a music junkie

I'm searching for a song to sing this coming Sunday. Nothing like procrastination. So, yesterday as I was driving around, I started going through every song on my mp3. No big deal, there are only like 700 to sift through on there. I started noticing I'd have to stop and listen to some songs regardless of the fact that they were not what I was looking for. Here are some of my "can't skip" songs:

Overcome (Desperation Band). Quite possibly one of the greatest praise songs of the decade, at least for me.

Love Never Fails (Brandon Heath). This song always makes me think of my favorite fiction novel, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.

How He Loves (David Crowder Band). I've heard it hundreds of times, and every time I get lost in it. I was listening to it on the way to the cemetery when we buried sweet baby Malachi. I associate it with very vivid pictures of God's overwhelming love in the midst of life shattering grief. Favorite song ever.

We'll Be A Dream (We the Kings) Seth frequently sends me texts about songs he hears on the radio that I just HAVE to look up. This is one of those songs that is "so us". :)

Since I Met You (DC Talk). Reminds me of eleventh grade. And makes me hyper.

Defying Gravity (Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel). Because it's awesome.

You're Not Alone (Meredith Andrews) Second favorite song ever. Always reminds me of my husband. I'll tell you why in my book...that will never be published, let alone written to completion. Nevermind.

There Is A God (Carman) Yes, I said Carman. He's not the best musician I've ever heard, but he's an excellent lyricist.

The Last Hallelujah, Audrey's Gift, Ethan Testifies, and Freedom (Michael W. Smith) These are all some of MWS' instrumentals. Absolutely beautiful. I find myself praying when I hear them. And Freedom was our wedding processional.

Crown Him With Many Crowns (also MWS). I can't help but love this one. It makes me want to have some church up in here. Someday, someday, we WILL perform this at church!

Oh Happiness (David Crowder Band) This song needs no explanation.

A Wink & A Smile (Harry Connick, Jr) We performed this song in choir in 9th grade and ever since it has been "our song".

Funkytown (Alvin & the Chipmunks). No, I'm lying. I try to skip this one as fast as possible if my kids are in the car.

Beloved, Oh My Dear, and many others by Tenth Avenue North. It's like they use my life for inspiration.

I Stand Amazed and All The Way My Savior Leads Me (Chris Tomlin) Because they're all about Jesus.

Send Me A Song (Celtic Woman) Beautiful. Makes me think of my grandparents.

Awake and Alive (Skillet). Because it reminds me of Fringe. I don't know why.

Obviously, this is a tiny, tiny sampling. I left out a lot of the Glee songs and showtunes I love to belt because that's embarrassing and you don't want to hear that. You can check these songs out on grooveshark.com. What are your can't skips?

Oh, and I still haven't found a song for Sunday.




Comments

Amy said…
i totally stopped reading at defying gravity and went to youtube to watch/listen to it.

don't worry i came back. :)

btw, i <3 david crowder. he is the nicest guy! i've been to a couple of his concerts and got to meet him the last time! the WHOLE concert is one big time of WORSHIP. i totally love it!

i don't have an mp3 player. i'm stuck listening to the radio... which needs a skip button sometimes.
Marissa Kaye said…
how he loves us reminds me of the very. same. thing.