Random bits

I have writer's block. I want to write about something witty and funny, because the last several posts were more on the heavy side. Alas, I have no witty ideas. But blog anyway, I must, or next thing you know a month will pass without writing. So here's what's going on in my world.

1. We had our first major plumbing ordeal as homeowners. I'm surprised we got away with living in a house this old for seven years before something happened. Poor Thing One was about to brush his teeth, and when he pushed the faucet on, it came apart from the plumbing underneath the sink. Water started pouring into the bathroom. And the hallway. And through the floor to the basement. Immediately, I began searching for a shut off valve, at the same time phoning the husband and asking frantically for advice. He told me a few things to look for, but nothing I was doing was working. He hopped in the car and raced home from work, but for twenty minutes, water continued to flood the place. We finally found the right valve, and just stood there, completely soaked, water dripping all around us. Seth found it more comical than I did at the time. The entire ordeal made me recall this from my childhood.

2. I'm thinking about making meatloaf for supper. Generally speaking, I hate meatloaf. But my sister's recipe is actually quite good.

3. Trying to be flexible with the lesson plans. It's only the second week of school, and obligations and holidays and plumbing emergencies keep interfering. This frustrates me, because I know myself. If I get behind or inconsistent with the lessons, I will be very tempted to be lazy about school. So today, I tweaked things for next week, and hopefully we'll get back on track without adding too many school days at the end of the year.

4. For the first time since I quit my job six years ago, Saturdays have a special meaning again.

5. Why does my dog not care about oral hygiene? Seriously, George. You need to rub a Tic Tac all over that stinky mess.

6. I'm in the mood for a ghost story. Or a creepy documentary of some sort.

7. I have only read two books in the last four months. This makes me sad.

8. Fall premiere time approaches. How I've missed you, Fringe.

9. I have a great need to spend an evening jamming with a praise band.

10. Here's a list of things I should be doing, rather than blogging: Laundry, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, laundry, making beds, today's history lesson, putting the screen back in my bedroom window (since Thing One popped it out this morning during his bed-jumping fest), laundry, sweeping the front walk, another load of dishes, sorting toys in the basement, getting out fall clothes....and something else...oh, yeah, laundry.

The end.

Comments

Amy said…
can i just copy and paste most of this post on my blog? kinda eerily similar...

never thought we had so much in common. ha. :)

thanks for writing. keep it up!