The Most Beautiful Thing

Perhaps I should start out this post by declaring for the record that I am not pregnant. Because there may come a point where my dedication to the topic of this post makes you wonder.

Today's post is about......homemade chicken quesadillas.



And my undying affection for them.

These are a special treat around here. Because they take like an hour and a half to make, it's not very often that I'm making these for dinner. Every so often though, I get a hankering and I throw caution to the wind and trash my kitchen and spend an enormous amount of time just to get these on the table.



So worth it every time.

My husband declares undying love for me whenever I make these. It's the bacon. If I were to wear bacon-scented perfume, he'd probably never go to work.



My children love all the cheese. They sneak handfulls of it from the grated pile while I'm cooking. I remember doing that when my mom cooked.



I love warming the tortillas in melted butter. That's definitely the secret to a good quesadilla. And clogged arteries.



And as a matter of principle, there must be homemade guacamole.

Sigh. I love them so.

Of course, now I'm left feeling too full and facing a kitchen that could request government assistance for being a disaster area.

But my devotion continues.




Comments

Amy said…
YUM! Now I'm hungry. Looks tasty. :)