Exhausted

It's VBS week here in my world, which means I have little free brain space left to write anything coherent. I'm supposed to be coming up with ideas for my junior high class' presentation at the closing program Friday night. Yeah...nothing's coming. We have a reputation to uphold since our class' part is usually witty and funny, and here I am drawing a total blank.

Just. So. Tired.

I love VBS. Well, I love VBS when I'm actually at VBS. When I'm there, it's fun. It's singing songs I love and jumping around and being a kid again. But as soon as I come home to my neglected house and peel off my very sweaty clothes, and think of the mountains of laundry I'm avoiding and the script I should be writing, VBS sure does seem like work.

It's always worth it though. Every year, a child who desperately needed it hears the Gospel. And every year, I learn a valuable lesson too. And I get to be part of an awesome band. And there are also cookies.

So I guess all the work pays off.


Comments

Amy said…
i am VERY thankful for you part in vbs! the songs wouldn't be near as fun!! :) i love that noah comes home singing songs he's learning there! Thank you for ignoring your house and missing sleep this week!! :)