I haven't been much for blogging lately. It's not that I don't have things in my life I want to write about. On the contrary, I'm bombarded with ideas for essays and novels right now. Stress will do that to me. The actual writing and posting of such ideas, however, has been spotty at best. But in the interest of staying in the game, I'll post an essay of nothingness, which I'm sure is your very favorite kind.

Random things you should know:

I spent the morning at a mall in Pittsburgh the other day and spent way too much. Another side effect of stress I suppose. But I'm having a hard time feeling bad about the things I got.

I spent the weekend with old friends and feel both refreshed and utterly exhausted. We should do that more often!

I should be making lunch for the four children under my roof right now.

I'm thinking about weeding the yard. Which is a huge step for me in the process of actually doing something in the yard. Usually I don't even think about it.

I need a date with my husband. I have the perfect one in mind. I want to take a morning and go to a local rose garden with my camera. And then I want to go to the huge old cemetery downtown. I'm one of those weird people that likes walking around old cemeteries. It's a writer thing. Only problem is that we're buried in work and other responsibilities right now. Sigh.

I still hate dishes. Thought you should know. I've probably done about two loads in the past two weeks. If not for my husband we'd be eating cereal with our hands.

Thing Two has discovered "Pingu" on Netflix. And now he's obsessed. I'll admit that claymation european penguins that speak no discernible language are rather endearing.

That is all for now. Believe it or not, there is a lot of depth going on in my life right now, so writing about the mundane is actually rather therapeutic. You've been a wonderful audience. Good night.

Comments