Whew

For the first time in awhile, I'm glad it's Monday.

Last week was rough. Seth worked a lot. Like, the most anyone should work without a medical degree. While I'm so thankful for the extra money, the thing about firefighting is when you work extra shifts, you're gone for days at a time. Like, whole 24 hour days. Plus, he picked up some shifts at his part time job.

I'm not unfamiliar with him working long hours. I'm actually pretty okay with it. We miss him a ton, but I don't usually go nuts with him gone. I guess we've sort of adjusted. We call him and text him and visit him when we can. And the rest of the time, I do my thang. And to a procrastinator like me, sometimes it's nice to know just how long I can put off cleaning things up. You know, so he doesn't think that all I did while he was gone was blog and wear the same pajama pants I was wearing when he left.

Last week was kinda nuts though. Between behavior issues, being sick, and Homegirl either growth spurting or teething or getting pre-pre-pre-pre-pms, I got a little crazy. And then the weekend was even crazier. Sunday was physically exhausting, which is ironic for a "day of rest".

But today is Monday. A fresh new week. A week with very little on the calendar (which delights me). All three kids got a really good night's sleep, which they desperately needed. And I'm not sick anymore. And even though Seth is working just a little bit less than last week, I feel optimistic. I'm looking forward to having an ordinary, mundane, no frills easy peasy week of school and housework.

Maybe I'll even tackle a project or two.

But I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't really want to get paint on my pajama pants.

Comments