Best of 2011

Here are some highlights from my year. I think. A lot of it was a blur. Pregnancy does that.

Media:


Movies: Source Code, Super 8, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2

Television/Drama: Fringe

Television/Comedy: Up All Night

Song/Secular: Ya know, I'm not sure. But the one stuck in my head the most was Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae. Ha. Now it's in your head too.

Song/Sacred: Blessings by Laura Story

Band: I think Hillsong takes it this year.

Book/Fiction: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Book/Non Fiction: As Silver Refined by Kay Arthur

Website: Pinterest

Blogs of People I Don't Know: Rants From Mommyland, Hyperbole and a Half


Food:

Restaurant: Due to pregnancy, we ate at Steak N Shake and Chipotle a lot.

Recipe: Cooking? What's that?

Spice: Nutmeg

Beverage: Strawberry Limeade

Quotes and Expressions:

"Good job, little buddy."

"I'm a fireman."

Date (As in boy/girl date): Downtown photo shoot in the rain

Date (As in calendar date): August 12th.

Purchase: Couch.

Store: The Goodwill Store.

Surprise: Homegirl was not a Homeboy.

Bible Verse: 1 Peter 5:10-11 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen."

Lesson Learned: This year was a year of unbelievable blessing. I saw firsthand how obedience is rewarded and how God delights in giving to his children. It wasn't that everything this year went perfectly and that there weren't real problems to be dealt with. It's just that I am overwhelmed with all the good that I can't seem to focus on the bad, even the horrendous morning sickness that kept me down for 24 weeks. Biggest blessings: Seth's a firefighter and we have a new baby. Craziness.

Coming soon: 2011 in photos

Comments