10 Random Things

1. One month till school starts. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Sometimes I'm enthusiastic. Sometimes I'm filled with dread. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed. Sometimes I'm hungry. So I've been gathering materials, books, supplies and lesson plans. And participating in frequent snack therapy. First grade, here we come.

2. I've been ignoring my writing habit because I'm consumed with my photography habit. Taking, editing and posting pictures on flickr tickles me so. At the expense of my blog. Poor blog.

3. I have lots of strawberries in the fridge. I just imagined dipping them in Nutella. Oh my.

4. I've been asked to construct a tent. Because that's what bunkbeds were designed for.

5. Speaking of bunkbeds, my sister and I used to pretend ours were apartments. And boats. And mountains. And diving boards. (I don't recommend that last one.)

6. There was a baby shower for a friend last night. A baby girl. I oohed and ahhed at the cute little dresses and outfits with everyone else, but what really got my womb in a tither were the nursing supplies and the diaper disposal system. Maybe it's because, after having two boys, my womb has no emotional ties to tiny frilly dresses, but seeing a product with the name "Lansinoh" on it triggers a rush of maternal hormones.

7. Can I say "womb" in a blog? I suppose it's better than the word that originally popped into my head. You male readers should be glad I edit. I edit a lot.

8. When Thing Two talks, it sorta sounds like English is his second language.

9. Here's a random picture for your viewing enjoyment of my theatrical and ESL second son pondering the fate of his days ago injured toe:

The Boo Boo

10. Yes, I'm aware that he has no pants on in this photo. That's just how things are around here some days.

Comments

Jared said…
That picture is awesome of good ol' ESL Elijah. He's too much fun.