I've been doing things. Sorta.

I feel like I've been so busy lately, and yet, I don't seem to have accomplished anything of great importance.  How could I be so tired if I haven't been doing anything? I must be busy. I must be.

So...what am I doing?

1. School. There's been a lot of it lately, but it hasn't been our normal, nine to noon kind of day lately. We've been working around doctor's appointments, field trips, holidays and family visits. I think we're doing okay though. This morning, we did two hours straight of math. I was a little twitchy by the end, but Thing One didn't seem to mind. Math is his easy subject. I don't understand him at all.

2. Photography. I'm happily drowning in it. I've shot quite a few photos the last few months, and I have a couple more shoots coming soon. I'm loving it and I'm getting more confident in it. I've actually been learning new things (gasp) about my camera. I've also been a lot more active on Flickr--putting my photos up and making connections with amazing photographers that provide lots of inspiration. I kinda feel about photography how I once felt about writing--a little embarrassed about it and uncomfortable with putting it out there for the scrutiny of friends (strangers never bother me). But I'm having lots of fun with it. Check me out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sethswife/.

3. Growing my nails. Seriously, I haven't bitten them since before Easter. Habit broken? Probably not, but we'll see.

4. Singing with youtube karaoke videos.


5. Kissing these cheeks:



6. Making a "Bucket List" for my house. I listed all the things I want to do over the next few years in our house to get it awesome and ready for selling. It was nearly seven pages long. It's a good mix of easy fixes and major projects, but I think most of it's doable, especially over a long period of time. I'll try to remember to take before, during and after pics for those interested in such things. This has also inspired a lot of time on Pinterest.

7. Watching stuff like this. Awesome angst, and probably my favorite scene ever.

All of this on top of the regularly scheduled laundry, mopping, cleaning, munchkin wrangling, and diapering.

Really looking forward to summer!

Comments