A Heavy Heart

I'll be returning to the blogging world shortly. It's been a difficult week, and though I have ideas to write about, I just can't work up the motivation just yet.

Please pray for our family as we gather to bury sweet baby Malachi tomorrow. Words escape me.

And for John and Marissa. I can think of nothing more difficult for a parent than to say goodbye to their child. All I can do is praise God for His love and salvation, and for the fact that John and Marissa have a faith that isn't fairy tales or hopeful wishes. They KNOW that God's hand is all over their lives and they have confidence in His plan for good in their lives. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I honestly cannot imagine how people cope with this sort of loss without the comfort of the Holy Spirit. We are blessed indeed.

Lamentations 3:31-33
For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Comments