Confessions

They say confession is good for the soul. We shall see. Here are my top ten little secrets. Okay, so they're not all secrets to everyone. My sisters may find this post to be old news.

10. I am a huge slob. No kidding. It's intimidating to be a slob when nearly everyone I know is a good housekeeper. You people would be aghast at my bedroom floor. Aghast, I tell you.

9. I like shopping. I know it's materialistic and greedy and all, but I find it as soothing as some might find a nice nap or a cup of tea. I don't even have to buy much, if anything. But nothing tickles me more than a clearance rack. Or free shipping.

8. I'm an egomaniac/obsessive compulsive when it comes to my writing. Before I post just about anything from a blog entry to a comment on facebook, I must edit, revise, and check for any spelling or grammatical errors at least twice. Then again once it's posted. And again when someone comments.

7. I got ten pound weights awhile back and I have yet to use them. Which leads to number...

6. I am so lazy. If I weren't, maybe number 10 wouldn't be such a big deal.

5. I'm a diva. I try to stifle it, but I can't help it when I'm singing. I like to have my mike stand a certain height. I like to have just the right balance in the monitors. And when my husband and I perform together, the poor guy's vocals get critiqued...a lot. He's so good to me.

4. I watch Glee. And I have quite a few songs from it on my mp3 player. And I have a thing for showtunes. There, I said it.

3. I almost never spank my children. Another post for another day.

2. Sometimes an entire day will go by without me cracking open my Bible or praying. Laziness at work again. Which sounds like an oxymoron. Apathy is the enemy of a vibrant Christian life.

1. There are weeds in my yard. A lot of them. Some are tall. There's also a tire in our backyard surrounded by some weeds, which makes me feel so white trash, especially in this neighborhood. I hate yardwork. HATE it. Perhaps even a little more than I hate dishes. And that's a lot.

There. That did feel good. You should try it. Honesty is very freeing. People may not like it, but...

I just gotta be me.

Now to proofread this post.

Comments

Nate said…
I tend to be a forgiving person and can overlook most faults. For example, I could care less about 9 out of the 10 of your "quirks". It's your life and we all suck at a bunch of stuff.

HOWEVER, because of #4, I'm not sure we can talk anymore. I'm going to have to give this serious consideration.
sethswife said…
i knew you and jared would have a problem with that.

but please. i'm a vocal musician with a background in concert choir. don't look so surprised.
Amy said…
i was smiling and agreeing til i got to #4 as well... really? and i'm not sure your reason in the comment makes up for it... ;)

i very rarely spanked noah... ruby is a different story. she crumbled any and all of my viewpoints on spanking.

#10 and #1 are my favorites. i need to send you pics of my backyard. :) i don't hate it, i just hate that weeds and such come back (kinda like dishes, which i do HATE).

and there's rarely a day when you can see the entire floor in any room in this house. my bedroom being the worst... well, at the moment it's tied with the computer/playroom... :D

these were neat! bring on some more confessions! :)
sethswife said…
amy, i actually thought about taking a picture of the weedy tire. guess what stopped me? yeah, laziness.

and ok, ok, i'm not telling anyone they have to watch glee. the plots are actually really, really stupid. but the characters are funny, and most of them are "losers" which i like. it's not like my favorite show or anything, but i can't help but LOVE singing with their music while i'm doing dishes. somewhere inside of me, there's a show choir member that never got her chance. and nate, i don't cut you off for liking the things on sci-fi. i'm hoping you can extend me the same courtesy. can't we all just get along? we'll always have fringe.
Nate said…
The difference here is that you also like sci-fi (x-files, fringe, lost). Whereas no sane person actually likes glee. (at least down here, everyone who likes glee definitely has those...."fantastic" tendencies if you know what I'm saying)

But, maybe because of your apathy and redneck backyard, I just might overlook it. But only if you post pictures of said backyard!!
Jared said…
yeah I'm drawing the line at Glee. I'm also a big fan of shopping...which in retrospect...one would think would make me a fan of Glee...
Carrie said…
love it. I love to know I'm not the only person out there who is a lazy slob. all I see are these blogs with these artsy crafty over acheiving women out there and it's like "really? your house ALWAYS looks like that? riiiight"

thanks for being human.