Graduation Day

It's a historic day.

A long awaited, much prayed for, dreamed about day.

It seems we've been ending a lot of chapters lately, ready to make way for the new words to fill the pages of our marriage. Our story continues.

I didn't know it was possible to be this proud of you. I have always loved you. Always, without question, regardless of the circumstances. I loved you in your failures. In your hurts. In the trenches.

And now I can love you in your triumphs. And to see you succeed makes me so proud of you.

Not because you did this on your own. I watched you try that before, and the hardest thing I have ever done is watch you suffer in your failures.

No, I'm proud of you because this time, you relied on Someone else's strength.

You worked hard. You did what was required of you and more. You kept a good attitude during the struggle. Your faith gave you strength and endurance I've never seen in you before.

And now you are reaping what you sowed, in the best way possible.

You are a man of God now, full of compassion, peace and quiet dignity. I am honored that God drew us together. I'm thankful to bear your name.

And on this day, I celebrate more than a graduation or a new career. I celebrate God's working in your life. He brought you to this day, and his glory is shining with dazzling light.

Continue on this path. It may not be easy all the time, but the blessings far outweigh the struggles.

I love you.



Comments