Questions that haunt me...

1. How can we see Spongebob's tears underwater?

2. Where do all these toys come from? I don't remember buying them.

3. Why does having a six year old make me sound so much older than having a five year old?

4. If cartoon characters are going to wear shirts, why don't they go ahead and put on some pants too? And why would they choose to wear clothing at all when cartoons are allowed to run buck naked without consequences?

4b. Why do my children dress like cartoon characters when societal consequences urge them to be clothed in entirety?

4c. It must be because we homeschool.

5. Why, in the first episodes of "The Cosby Show", do the Huxtables refer to their four children and then suddenly they remember a fifth that was in college? "Whoops. Sorry, Sandra. For awhile, we forgot you were at Princeton, spending hundreds of thousands of our dollars."

6. Why, when I decided to give birth naturally (and all the pain that entails) did someone accuse me of doing this because I was afraid of needles? Really? REALLY? Like, somehow that needle stick in my back that I couldn't see was a bigger fear than feeling a seven pound child emerge from my body in a scene reminiscent of "Alien"?

7. Why do I remember everything obnoxious people say?

8. Why does caffeine free Diet Pepsi taste so much better to me than Diet Pepsi?

9. How did Mulder and Scully get back from Antarctica in "Fight the Future"?

10. Why do so many of my haunting questions involve television?

11. Why does anybody read this blog?

Random picture of the day of my charming, sophisticated husband:

Tiny Bike

Comments

Jared said…
If you get me anything this Christmas, I want a glossy of that picture to hang in my classroom. Oh, the creative writing we could do...

Anyway, I never wondered about how Mulder and Scully got back from the Antartica until now. Didn't they just drive there in their Sedan in the first place?
sethswife said…
re-watch the movie. you'll be puzzled.
1 said…
Also, why doesn't Spongebob continue to expand indefinitely?
Miranda said…
"It's the Dad life..."

They started to explain once, but they just wound up arguing. Figures.