I Made This

Don't worry if you don't get the obscure television reference in the title. Only, like, eight people are awesome enough to get it.

So...she's a week old today.




Yes, the war of the onesies ended in a spectacular display last Friday evening when our little girl quite literally exploded onto the scene. I may have lost the gender battle, but I like to think I totally won at giving birth. The whole thing was over in less than five hours of labor and zero minutes of pushing.




She fits right in around here. The Things are obsessed with her and I spend my days protecting her from their exuberant love. They think it's quite unreasonable that all she does is eat, sleep, and poop and are longing for the day they can make her laugh and play with her.




We are all quite smitten. It feels like everybody's here now. Like our family's complete.

And not being pregnant anymore feels fantastic, even if I am a sleep deprived, milky, weepy mess whose shape somewhat resembles a Dr. Suess character. So much better.

Now all that's left is to think of her blog name. Giving her an actual name was so much easier. We've been tossing around some contenders, like Thing She and Little Sister. We often refer to her as Homegirl. It's hard to pick a name because we don't know much of her personality yet. Any names we think of now are limited to what we know of her from the past seven days. Shooter would honor her birth. We were watching A Few Good Men moments before her birth, so we could go with Colonel Jessup. Or Code Yellow, because she's jaundiced. Chewbacca highlights her furry back. Most appropriate would probably be Cheesy Blaster (it must be obscure television reference day). Something tells me she wouldn't appreciate any of those.




So we are a happy family of five now. And we are totally ready for some mundane. After all the exciting changes that have occurred this past year, it will be nice to get back to normal.

Whatever that is.




Comments

Miranda said…
I like Thing She. And I got the first obscure reference. I'm happy to be awesome. :)
Jared said…
me too! I feel equally awesome
Carrie said…
Meat Cat! If she's a cheesy blaster...:) I personally like the nickname homegirl. I love it. I also think she's gorgeous. Very happy for you guys...I'm glad it feels like everyone is home...I like that idea. It's rare that babies come out cute at first and she DID. (Of course my niece and nephew did too!!!) Looking forward to things to the third power posts to follow.
Tom Parsons said…
I got the "I made this" reference as well. And, like Mandy, I think "Thing One," "Thing Two," and "Thing She" has a nice ring to it.