Flash Fictioning

We're gonna give it a shot anyway. Jared has been pestering encouraging me to get back into writing flash fiction. Part of me really wants to, because it's normally a fun and easy way to avoid all the things I need to be doing like laundry and getting ready for our garage sale this weekend. The other part of me is skeptical that I can come up with anything interesting or creative at this point in my gestational journey. It's not a coincidence that my last FF was written right before I found out I was pregnant.

But I'm gonna try. Jared's shooting for three this week. I'll be happy if I come up with one. We also changed the rules for ourselves, because we are the conquistadors of flash fiction rules and control our own flash fiction destinies. Anyway, instead of being limited to 300 words, we're giving ourselves up to 500 words, which might actually make it easier for me. I tend to be long winded. It's genetic.

So keep a lookout for some flash fiction this week. And if you don't see any, nag encourage me.

Comments