Those Were the Days

We're thinking about getting a new computer, so I've been going through a lot of my old files on this one, printing things out or deleting things of little value to me. It's kind of like a treasure hunt, finding long lost poems and stories that I have written and forgotten about. And I can't help but notice that I used to write A LOT before I had children. It was a passion of mine. In fact, in highschool, I was certain if I ever had any sort of professional career it would be in writing. But somewhere along the way, in the midst of having babies and life as I know it, that passion slipped away a little bit. I don't feel as creative as I used to, but I do know I miss writing whenever an idea hit me. When we were newlyweds, I can remember just sitting down at the computer late at night and words would just fill the screen as if they'd written themselves. Now, late at night, I'm sleeping or holding a baby. And if I do have free time I like to read. But perhaps I can work on my ideas, polish them and organize them, and get back into this addiction called writing.

Comments

Miranda said…
I write much more since I had kids. That was actually kind of the catalyst for me for some reason.