Ten Things That Should Be Banned From Facebook

1. Vague, "I don't want to talk about it, but I'm gonna put it on FB" statuses. You might just want to put "pay attention to me!" instead.

2. "My husband/wife/baby/mother/dog is the best/hottest/cutest/greatest EVER!" Firstly, you don't want people to agree that your spouse is the most attractive, do you? And if we agree that your parent/child is the greatest ever, that makes it look like our own relatives are crap. Express your love with more imagination.

3. Multiple exclamation points!!!!! Just calm it down.

4. Lol. Are you? Really?

5. Using someone else's status as a place to sell your wares or advertise your business. I'm sure your essential oils are amazing, but if you use me as free advertising, I'm never going to want to buy them ever.

6. Public conversations that should be private, like family fights or telling your spouse to pick up tampons on the way home.

7. Multiple whiny statuses in a day. Once, I'll forgive, but repeat offenders get blocked. Be an encouragement, not a Debbie Downer.

8. Old people who don't get pop culture references or sarcasm. Maybe not banned, but perhaps a filter where a private explanation is offered before a comment is published.

9. Anything that uses the word "ur", unless we're talking about the actual city of Ur.

10. Pictures of feet with the beach and ocean in the background, unless they're MY feet and I'm at the ocean and then I'm totally going to rub it in your face with a FB picture. Enjoy.

What would you add?

Comments

Carrie said…
SO MANY THINGS!!! Talking about oneself in the third person "Im one tired wifey/mama!" Or ANYTHING in refering to wine as "mommy juice". Agh.
Amy said…
Bah humbug!!!! ;) Except 1, 5, & 6. I really do LOL a lot. I always try to LIKE when people talk nicely about their husband/kids/dog/mom because I'm sharing in their joy.
sethswife said…
FB is a scary place for introverts.
Amy said…
i only put lol if i really do lol. ;) otherwise, i use haha. or hahaha. or ha. depending on how much i giggled. :D

and i like when people brag on their family (except i don't ever agree that someone's hubby is hot). it's MUCH better than all the statuses of people ragging on their family. :P

i'm not sure what i would add. if something irritates me, i usually block it right then and it/they never cross my mind again...