Ten Things

Since I didn't do Ten on Ten this month (well, technically, I did take pictures, but only came with 8 so I ditched the post), I'll happily provide a stupid list of ten bites of randomness.

1. Sunday is the only day that Homegirl will sleep in past 8 a.m. Every single other day, she's up at the crack of dawn. I do not appreciate her schedule or her willingness to be such a heathen.

2. I'm still super busy--far more than I prefer to be. I will be so thankful when this school year is finally over. I'm feeling burnt out and so over multiplication tables and trying to get Thing One to spell the tiniest words right. It's an ironic torture that a grammar perfectionist such as myself, who spends so much time judging people for their spelling and grammar on social media, has produced a math brained child who consistently forgets that words need vowels. I feel that he must be doing this on purpose.

3. My latest exciting development is that I have brushed up on my piano playing skills, which are quite limited to begin with, and I can now play (some) chords. I don't play them well, but that doesn't stop me from trying. For hours. My poor family. But I can finally somewhat accompany myself when I want to sing something. You have no idea how happy this makes me. So happy, that it doesn't bother me when I have to skip four or five measures in "For Good" because I'm like those are strange, voodoo chords. 

4. I'm having trouble coming up with interesting things for this list.

5. I'm counting down the days until the long awaited, long pined over mini vacation with Seth to Chicago. I'm even looking forward to the drive there. I love my kids to the point where spending every waking moment (and many sleeping ones) with them isn't awful, but at the same time, four delicious days of just us. No whining, wiping, schooling, cooking, wrangling, or cleaning. For FOUR days! Oh, and the photography. I've been dreaming about it for years. Years! I know, that's sad. But I have lots of photo ideas already set up in my head. I know the reality shots won't be nearly as good as the ones in my head, but I'll love trying.

6. I'm currently wearing Seth t-shirt that says "Trekkie" across the front. It feels like a lie.

7. We've found a show to watch to soften the sting of losing Fringe. Thank goodness for Netflix. It's Supernatural, which at first I was like, no way, this show is from the CW. The actors will be too pretty and not be able to act and the stories will be all teenagery. But I gave it a chance because people I trust liked it. The actors are indeed too pretty, but they can act, and also, the show is made by many former X-Files crew and the writing is pretty decent. Plus, it's the only show in the entire history of science fiction television that has scared the pants off me. It's not for everyone (hard shelled Baptists might not appreciate all the exorcisms) but we're enjoying it. I hope it stays good and doesn't get all blasphemous in later seasons. We just finished season one. My favorites are the ghost episodes.

8. I need to clean my room.

9. Pinterest. It's seriously the one website other than Amazon that has changed my life for the better. Everyone's like, oh it's such a time waster and it makes you discontent with your life and whatnot. But I feel exactly the opposite. Pinterest is perfect for lazy, unmotivated me. I'm more of a copier than a creator and this is perfect for me. Cooking, cleaning, decorating, fashion and makeup, and especially school have all gotten incredibly easier with the ideas I've pinned. If I had to make a choice between Facebook and Pinterest...sorry, Mark Zuckerberg. You lose.

10. It's time for my morning iced coffee. And yes, I learned how to make it from Pinterest.

Have a good one, people!

Comments