Best of 2012

Time for the annual report. Here are the highlights of my favorite things of 2012.

Media:



Movies:  The Dark Knight Rises (of course), The Hunger Games (never as good as the book, but at least the casting was perfect, unlike some other movie adaptations), The Avengers, Brave

Television/Drama: Fringe (you shall be missed)



Television/Comedy: Modern Family

Song/Secular:  I Won't Give Up (Jason Mraz)

Song/Sacred: Losing (Tenth Avenue North)

Band: There was a lot of TobyMac played around here this year. My boys are fans.

Book/fiction:  Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson--A Jane Austin-y delight. I'm rereading it now.

Book/nonfiction:  I'm not done with it yet (you know me and nonfiction), but The Christian Atheist by Craig Goeschel is very good so far. 

Website: Colossal

Food:



Restaurant: San Chez

Recipe: My boys call it "Miss Chicken". Recipe here.

Spice: Rosemary

Beverage: French Vanilla Cappuccino 

Quotes and Expressions: 

"I miss your stupid face."


Date (as in boy/girl date):  


Jared's birthday party at The Fish Market was pretty fun.

Date (as in calendar date):

May 10th--First good birthday in several years, even if it did include turning 30.

Purchase: Seth's new vehicle

Store: Hobby Lobby

Surprise: Seth getting laid off from one part time job and finding another relatively quickly

Bible verse: Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave you."

Lesson Learned: Forgiveness isn't about having an apology.

Comments