Favorite Photos of 2011

I just realized I never posted my favorite photos of 2011. There were a lot. I don't know if I can pick one favorite from all of these. One thing I noticed as I sifted through my photos is that I can see that I'm progressing in my understanding of my camera. That's always good. After almost two years with my DSLR, I'm finally shooting on full manual. I have to edit a lot less because I know what settings I like. Focus is still tricky. You'd think it would be simple, but getting what I want sharply in focus is probably the hardest thing to do, especially with kids that move constantly. I should probably use auto focus when I'm shooting the kids (sounds violent), but I never think to switch it. I still feel like I shoot more by eye and am far less technical than I'd like to be. I don't think I could explain in detail what I'm doing. But who cares? I'm having fun. Also, I noticed I take a lot of rain-on-the-window shots. I can't help myself. Anyway, without further ado, here are a billion photos in random order. Several were taken by Seth.

Click on a photo to see it larger or to view in a slideshow.

















































Comments

Miranda said…
LOVE. And not just because many were of my family. ;)